Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Who Do I Admire as a Leader? - Jan. 17, 2017

Who Do I Admire as a Leader?  - Jan. 17, 2017

The leader that I admire always has a smile and a friendly greeting when you approach her.  She actively listens and asks clarifying questions as needed.  She doesn't react, she responds.  She asks what your plan of action is and then asks questions to help me refine my ideas.  She is patient and supportive, and never has a negative thing to say about anyone else.   Their leadership style is team based, not top down.  She works hard, but is never too busy to help.  She never gets "flustered."  She doesn't have meetings for the sake of meetings, and if there is a meeting, she respects people's time and starts/ends on time.  She isn't afraid to say, "I don't know," I'll find out and get back to you, or "let's research that together."  She is the ultimate professional and the kind of educational leader that I aspire to be.  She "lights" up the darkside for me and everyone who knows her.   

2 comments:

  1. Active listening is definitely something to admire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing how someone's style complements you is just as important as knowing how they are like you.

    ReplyDelete